In accordance with Art 10, paragraphs 1-2 of the Apostolic Constitution Episcopalis Communio, the Secretary General of the Synod H.Em. Cardinal Mario Grech has established, and will preside over, the Preparatory Commission for the XVI Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops.
The members of the aforementioned commission are:
- Rev. Fr. Giacomo Costa, SJ (coordinator);
- Most Rev. Msgr. Timothy John Costelloe, SDB;
- Most Rev. Msgr. Daniel E. Flores;
- Sr. Shizue Hirota, MMB;
- Most Rev. Msgr. Lucio A. Muandula;
- Rev. Prof. Dario Vitali;
- Rev. Msgr. Tomasz Trafny (secretary).
Also participating in the work of the Commission will be the General Relator of the XVI Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, H.Em. Cardinal Jean-Claude Hollerich, SJ.